Welcome to Private Practice Bootcamp!
On Friday, September 11th at noon, you will be able to access the first week’s materials. Until then, keep an eye on your inbox for updates and instructions. For those of you in the Group Coaching and Personal Mentoring options, you will get an invitation to join the online community on Wednesday September 9th. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at connect@TheBusinessOfHelping.com.
Exploration is all about prep work. Figure out the type of practitioner you want to be, who your ideal client is and identify any roadblocks that might get in your way before you smash into them. Create the broad vision of the practice you want to build so that when it comes to the logistics, you know where to focus so you don’t waste time on things that don’t help create your dream.
Set the Foundation
- Learn time management techniques
- Understanding current priorities and finances
- Uncover current supports and roadblocks
- Plan your registrations and insurance
Vision of your Practice
- Create the initial roadmap for your practice
- Determine your business structure and name
- Learn what sets you apart from the crowd
- Investigate the existing market
Meet your Ideal Clients
- Learn to truly identify the clients you were born to work with
- Understand how to speak your client’s language so they know you’re talking to them
- Discover how to craft your practice to meet the needs of your dream clientele
Write your Story
Discover how to set up the ‘nitty gritty’ of your business structure. Solidify your brand, cover all your clinical-bases, master your financial foundations, and get all your systems in place so you can hit the ground running. Receive 10 templates and scripts ready to be customized to fit your practice – these alone will save you so much time and stress when building your business.
- Determine your Business Core Values and how to use them in practice
- Solidify your business mission, tagline and descriptor
- Explore simple branding tools such as logo, colours, fonts and themes
- Tips for a professional headshot to be the face of your practice
- Tips for setting up your business phone / email
- Understanding file storage and maintaining appropriate supervision
- Determine your schedule and when you’re available to clients
- Complete your Emergency Contingency Plan
- How to setup your bank accounts & credit cards
- Learn what taxes you are responsible for and tips for bookkeeping
- Determine how to set your rates and make sure you are getting paid
- How to set up a sliding scale and if it would even work for your practice
Forms and Policies
- Initial Contact Screening, Informed Consent, Intake, Consent to Release information & Confirmation of Attendance Forms
- Electronic Communications, Late Client/Cancellation, NSF/Non-payment & Social Media Policies
Be prepared to let the world know you are ready for business! Learn how to manage your online presence and discover where to find your ideal clients. Many traditional marketing approaches aren’t appropriate for therapists – but fear not! There are ways you can reach your clients and still stay true to your profession – and I’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
- Explore which online directories would work best for you
- Considerations for setting up your social media profiles and if social media is even right for you
- Discover how to layout your website so you’re as professional online as you are in person
- Create your captivating bio to get you noticed by your clients
- Learn how to confidently tell others about your work without feeling “sales-y”
- Discover how to authentically build your network with ease
- Figure out how to track what works for you so you can market more efficiently and effectively
- Explore various marketing techniques that match your style and personality
Launching and Beyond!
- Determine your Launch Timeline
- Discover how to let the world know when you are open for business
- Implement support systems to keep you on track
- Establish habits to keep you and your practice vital and healthy
Online Support Community
Group Coaching and Personal Mentoring participants will receive an invitation to join the private Online Support Community to the same email you used to sign up for the bootcamp on September 9th. If you do not receive your invitation on that day, please let me know and I will send it again. We will be using a Google+ Community to engage, discuss and provide support.
In order to sign up you will need a Google+ account. You will automatically have one if you have a gmail account (although you will still need to activate it), or you can set one up without getting a new email account. Here are a few links to walk you through the set up process. You can fill out as much or as little of your profile as you wish, I just ask that you have your real name and your picture as well so everyone knows who they are talking to. This is a private group so only members of the September 2015 Group Coaching and Personal Mentoring Private Practice Bootcamp program will have access.
Here are two different guides for signing up for Google+ Written Article or Youtube Video
Once you have been able to sign up to the private online community, please take a minute and introduce yourself to the others in the group. The more you put into this group, the more you will get out of it, so don’t be shy.
For future reference Access the G+ Community here, or through your G+ account.
Scheduling Individual Sessions
Group Coaching: Your 45min individual session can be booked anytime between September 21st and December 18th, 2015.
Personal Mentoring: Your four 45min sessions can be booked anytime between September 21st and February 25th, 2016.
Group Coaching/Personal Mentoring participants
book your individual coaching sessions here
Upgrade your Experience
If you decide that you want more one-on-one time with me throughout the program, you have two options:
Option 1: Upgrade your program.
You can switch from DIY access to Group Coaching, or from Group Coaching to Personal Mentorship within the first month of the program. You will only have the pay the difference between the two packages and get access to the extra sessions to help keep you accountable and moving forward.
Options 2: Program Special – Sessions a la carte
Book extra sessions as needed throughout the program at a discounted rate. Until December 18th you can book a 45min session for $150
Group Call Details
(For group coaching and personal mentoring participants)
Group Call Dates
Week 1 – Set the Foundation Wednesday September 16th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 2 – Vision for your Practice Wednesday September 23rd 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 3 – Meet your Ideal Clients Wednesday September 3oth 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 4 – Write your Story Wednesday October 8th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 5 – Branding Basics Wednesday October 14th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 6 – Clinical Logistics Wednesday October 21st 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 7 – Financial Foundations Wednesday October 28th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 8 – Forms and Policies Wednesday November 4th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 9 – Existing Online THURSDAY NOVEMBER 12th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 10 – Connection Marketing Wednesday November 18th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 11 – Launching and Beyond Wednesday November 25th 6:30pm – 7:15pm
Week 12 – Final Overview Wednesday December 2nd 6:30pm – 7:15pm